As someone who loves to work out, I can tell you that I have trialed and erred with many ab benches. I enjoy adjusting my routines, but Tuesdays and Thursdays are dedicated to my mid-section. However, it is hard many times to find the “right” ab machine, especially when there are a plethora of choices for a workout and plenty of benches to experiment with. The following list is the 10 best ab benches. Maybe you’ll get the guts to try them out too!
Fitness Reality X-Class Light Commercial Multi-Workout Abdominal/Hyper Back Extension Bench
If you’re like me and enjoy a bench that gives you universality and choices, this is the bench for you. One of my favorite qualities of this bench is the options you have on the spot. You are given a bench with the perks of a dip bench and the quality of a bench that can be used with weights. The capacity on this particular bench is 650. You can do all the crunches, sit-ups and ab workouts your heart desires! You can also multitask its purpose, and work on different muscle groups, including arms, legs, and back.
- 650 lbs of real weight capacity. User height range of 5' to 6'4 inch
- 1 flat and 3 decline bench adjustments and 14 thigh support cushion height adjustments
- Sweat and moisture resistant double stitched vinyl bench covering
- 1 2 inches round soft and slip resistant push up and dip handle bars
- 36 inches long with 8-12 inches wide tapered bench with 2 1/2 inches thick medium Density foam
XMark 12 Position Ergonomic Adjustable Ab Bench
I personally love this bench thanks to its friendliness for size and height. I am married to my husband, who is 6’5 (I’m barely 5’4). It is extremely difficult for taller gym rats to find the right bench, considering the limitations of adjustment and the overall size of benches. Many times, he will try to work out and only efficiently does one section. However, the XMark has 12 POSITIONS, which allows for a customized measurement! This is wonderful when you’re zoning in on a region.
- Bullhorn handlebar for safe mounting and dismounting
- 11-gauge steel mainframe construction with scratch resistant powder coat finish
- Ultra thick 3" Duracraft cushions offer firm support and double stitched, tear-resistant Duraguard vinyl
- Oversized 4.33" vinyl-covered rollers for added comfort
XMark Ab, Hyperextension and Preacher Curl Weight Bench
Again, this is another multifunctional bench but it’s worth the extra money if you want to own it yourself. XMark is a wonderful brand (as shown by my #2 choice) and this is another fantastic set up. This version allows for ab workouts, side workouts and even the hyperextension. While the curling is a plus, the versatility of this bench is wonderful. It is also one of the most expensive purchases one can make as well, but if you’re interested in having multipurpose equipment, this is up your alley.
Stamina Pro Ab/Hyper Bench
Wanting a bench that has the dip and the bench together, with being solely for abs? This is the bad boy to choose then. While the Fitness Reality X-Class is a universal bench, the Stamina Pro Ab is concentrated on your abdominal region. In this manner, the two parts of the bench are only for the tummy, making it a classic choice to choose. You’re able to utilize many popular and unique ab poses while having different positions (laying, standing and sitting). For an ab workout, this is the most diverse machine.
4 used from $102.00
- Thickly padded bench with durable stitched vinyl upholstery.
- Adjustable thigh support covered with durable stitched vinyl upholstery.
- Heavy-duty 2" steel frame construction. Easy-to-reach extended hand grips.
- Pivoting foam rollers hold your lower leg in place for hyperextension exercises and your feet in place for crunches. Non-slip footrest.
- Non-slip rubber frame caps also protect floors. Adjustable footrest, backrest, and thigh support to accommodate height and workout intensity.
Fabfit Curved Extra Long Adjustable Sit Up Bench
Have back issues or want to prevent them? Get this bench. This customized machinery has extra cushion and a natural curved shape to be fitted for a back and a spine. Preventing pain and injury, the Fabfit is an innovative bench that will protect the one region that is known to be impacted first in a negative way. Fabfit also has an adjustable bench, which is perfect for varying heights and different exercise goals for the moment. The nicest quality is it can be attuned as an incline or decline bench, varying the possibilities of workouts.
PowerLine PAB139X Ab Board
Needing more room for your own purchasing needs? Wanting a simple board that does its job? This PowerLine ab board is perfect for a person fixated on crunches, obliques and sit ups. While the frame itself is not as versatile as other boards listed, it is sleek without being bulky, giving you the space you need. It is able to support your weight and your workout without worries and has the right level of comfort for beginners or pros.
- Ab board with oversized 8-inch foam rollers for maximum comfort
- 22-inch back pad accommodates even the tallest user
- Offers ideal way to achieve flatter stomach and slimmer waistline
- Sweat-resistant vinyl cushion; heavy-duty steel frame
- Measures 39 x 25 x 17 inches (W x H x D); 10-year frame warranty
Apex JD Slant Board
Like doing the “normal” ab workouts and don’t want the extra “perks” of other boards? If you are wanting a classic board, then this is the board for you. The Apex JD Slant is heavily cushioned, adding the necessary support one will need when doing an abdominal workout. This is the perfect board if you’re wanting to do classic ab workouts like crunches and sit ups. It’s also one of the cheapest options on the market, making it a wonderful first purchase for someone’s home gym.
Body-Solid GAB60 Adjustable Ab Board
This is the ab board for the person who wants to take their board wherever they go, and doesn’t mind adjusting to their needs. While the Body-Solid has only one true layout, it is able to be repositioned to fit the needs of the gym rat. It also has a 10 year warranty, making it the longest in the entire list. One of the nice benefits as well with this bench is its padding for the legs. While many benches want to pad up the actual back area, the leg area is plush on the Body-Solid as well, making lifts and angles a little easier on the person.
- Adjustable ab board for improving core stability and tightening up midsection
- Sturdy 2-by-2-inch mainframe covered with thick, double-stitched DuraFirm padding
- 12 adjustable positions make it easy to design diverse, efficient workout routines
- Oversized 8-inch foam rollers fit comfortably beneath knees and ankles
- Appropriate for home and commercial use; 10-year frame warranty
TKO Sit-Up Bench
Out of all of the other machines, this bench is the most compact. This is the perfect equipment to use when you are moving into a small apartment or a house. The assembly another benefit; out of the majority of benches, this one actually contains instructions and gives you a step by step explanation. For the workouts themselves, the TKO is perfect for beginners with simple workout goals. However, if you’re more advanced, this is not a go-to, especially considered the size element. Taller individuals cannot utilize its functions as well, and the size makes it harder to use properly.
- Sit-up Bench features 23-degree angled pad
- Convenient assist handle for easy on-and-off
- Rear transport wheels ensure simple mobility
- Ideal for those seeking abdominal exercise equipment when space is at a premium
- Measures 25 by 24 by 50 inches (W x H x D)
Deltech Fitness Sit-Up Bench
Like TKO, Deltech’s Fitness Sit Up Bench is another smaller sit up bench that is convenient and affordable. This is the perfect instrument to do the more traditional abdominal workouts. Despite its size, Deltech prides itself on having a frame that is sturdy. The best quality, however, is the amount of padding on this bench, which is a lot more than most. However, there is one downfall- Deltech is not the traditional bench, and it is much easier to have an accident or injury with. Consult your workout plan first and make sure you are using the right form.